What are the best wine to match Thai food?

I will be organising a Thai food promotion in spain; i wanna match the food with nice wine. Need ideas.


Because Thai food is so spicy and pungent, it is really better to serve a good cold beer, such as a Singha. A cold beverage stands up better to the spice, and most wines need to be served too warm to accomplish this balance.

If you really want a wine, make it something you can serve quite cold, and is semi-sweet, with spicy overtones. The best choice would be a sweet German Gewurztraminer, second best would be a Riesling. But if you cannot find that, a white zinfandel served extra cold will work.

Hope this helps.

Personally I probably would prefer beer such as Tiger or sigha or even a chinese beer like Tsingtao, But If having wine my choice would be a Vionger such as Yalumba Virgilis from South Australia or a nice acidic Pinot Gris(preferably french)

A Riesling is perfect to match with any spicy food. Riesling is a sweet wine and easy to drink to counteract the spiciness of the food.

This Riesling from German would be a great choice:

Dr. Loosen 2005 Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett

When it comes to spicy food my all time favorite is Riesling. I prefer German Riesling as it is higher acid and usually better flavors. But, basically any slightly sweet wine will usually match well with spicy foods. So, wines such as Vouvray would be another excellent choice, or really any well made Chenin Blanc for that matter.

NO RED WINE!.....

Try a Reisling or a Gewertraminer - cold with a bit of sweetness. Since you will be doing this in Spain try serving a Fino Sherry with the Thai food (I'v never tried that , so test drive that combo first).

because Thai food is so spicy, i usually just drink beer with it instead of wine.

I tend to match heat with sweet.

The German whites - Reislings- work well for a couple of reasons;

They are lower in alcohol than many whites

They are readily available

They are relatively inexpensive.

You may also want to try a Vouvray.

When I eat Tai out, I usually drink beer ( or Tai Tea if it is lunchtime). If I wanted wine, I would follow the recommendations of the restearaunt, which will have a variety of compatable wines.

When I cook Tai for guests, I usually go to the Tai or Lao grocery and buy the beer they recommend for the dish I am cooking.

The Spanish drink so much wine, a taste of Tai Beer should be a good expierence. It will lend authenticity to the food.

I like warm sake with Thai food. It goes well with Tom Kar Gai.

sheraz red wine will go a long way with some spicy thai foodd especially with the peanut sauce laced barbecue meat.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น