What is a great Thai Food restaurant in Irvine or Newport?

I've never had Thai food but have been wanting to try it, doesn't matter the price range.


I'm Thai, I know Thai food, and I have had Thai food all over SoCal -- everything from Bakersfield to Moreno Valley and all the way down to San Diego. I even know where to find decent Thai food in the Bay Area, but really, it's much better in LA.

I can honestly say that without a doubt, ever since Thai Nakorn in Garden Grove closed (due to fire), there has been no decent Thai food in Orange County whatsoever. NONE.

If expense is not an issue, then take that extra money and spend it on gas (because Thai food is generally cheap). Just get on the freeway and head north into Thai Town. The two best Thai places in all of SoCal are located on Hollywood Blvd, not far from the 101 freeway.

Palms Thai on Hollywood @ Bronson is the best Thai dining experience in all of SoCal. The food is authentic and tasty. Lots of great offbeat selections, and a lot of favorites, too. And they have Thai Elvis. He's AWESOME!

Sanamluang is a small chain that started in Hollywood. But there are locations in Pomona and North Hollywood, too. They aren't as fun as Palms, but the food is the best, most authentic Thai food you can get without going to Thailand. Food is super cheap, too. I spent $6 on pad see ew and got stuffed for dinner the other night.

In Orange, there's a great little Thai restaurant - on the northwest corner of Katella & Tustin (behind the pizza place). I don't remember the name, but I sure remember the stuffed chicken wings!

Try these 2 websites below for local reviews too.

www.yelp.com

www.kudzu.com

i'm a fourth thai:]

Try Than Bup Foo.....their squid loaf is to die for.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น